Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tis the Season

Short update today...

I spoke with Martha, my editor at Trafalgar Square, yesterday. Exciting news. Based on the strength of the uncorrected proofs of Geoff's book ("Geoff Teall on Riding Hunters, Jumpers, and Equitation") one of the major book clubs will be spotlighting the book as a Featured Selection. Very exciting. What a wonderful Christmas present!

Because of visiting family members and the last minute rushing that accompanies a major holiday, I'm a day or two behind on finishing up the galley proof edit. That WILL happen today.

I've also been asked to write the jacket copy to promote the book. Of course I said "yes." Who knows the work better than I? And, frankly, how often does one get the chance to help create the marketing for one's own product? I consider it a compliment and an honor.

A final note on Things That Make You Go "Hmmmm":

Because of the rising cost of insurance, among other things, our family had determined that finances would be falling about $1,000 a month short after the first of the year. I hadn't mentioned this to anyone. We've been in similar situations before, and something always comes through.

Yesterday, out of the blue, I received a phone call from a client who would like my help with ongoing marketing / promotion campaigns. The hours they want from me, at my regular rates, end up totaling $1,000 a month. Hmmmmmm...

I believe in God. I believe He takes care of us. A lot of people may be uncomfortable with that, but there it is. I have no other explanation for such serendipitous "coincidence."

Happy Holidays!