Monday, January 16, 2006

It's Outtahere!

It's done! That huge, months long transcription job is finished. I'd have done the Happy Dance, but I was too tired.

I really, really, really wanted to get it done before today. It was on my list of Things To Have Done by the end of last week. But it didn't happen. I was up till midnight, but my brain shut down and I started forgetting where the keys on my computer were. So I couldn't wrap it in a bow and send it until today.

The great, overweening problem is, of course, that since it was transcription only, with no (repeat, NO) editing allowed, there was no euphoric feeling that accompanied finishing the job. Just an enormous sense of relief.

Learn from this, I tell myself. No more "word hooking." Have some pride.

Ah, but a lack of pride is paying the utility bills this month. It's a cruel world...