Friday, July 07, 2006

Headed for Home

It's been a whirlwind of travel and work for the past two days, but today I'm headed home. In Canada, among other things, we went to see the spectacularly amazing Cavalia. That alone would have made the whole trip worthwhile. Why work when you can play, hm?

I finally got to meet the principal people of Trafalgar Square Publishing, and am so glad I did. It's goood to be able to put faces with names, and connect with people I've been working with long distance.

Of course, the trip was for work, not for play. And plenty of work has gotten done. There's more (always more!) to do. Today we're going to go over a project that is nearing completion, hoping to tie up some loose ends and close the book on it. And then, this afternoon, it's "Goodbye, Vermont. Hello, Michigan... and Robert... and Cassandra... and horses..."

As my mom always said when we went on vacation: It's good to go away, but when you're gone, it's good to go back." There's no place like home. (How very "Dorothy" of me.)

Much to do in the few days I'll be at home before I head out again -- this time to Florida. The next few weeks I'll be focusing on marketing work, promotion ideas, newsletter creation, and other "informational" things. It's amazing how necessary such knowledge is, in order to get the word out on what one has to offer.

Further updates as events warrant. Now, it's off to work before I can head for home.